BUSINESS DIRECTOR, LOGISTICS WRANGLER, TEAM COACH
An indispensable instrumentalist in operations, Carlos Damy came on board as Business Director over ten years ago, bringing with him extensive business management experience and a strong commitment to maintaining Elena Damy’s reputation as the best in wedding planning and event design. After earning his Executive MBA and with years of corporate experience behind him, embracing the roles of business development, operations manager, and marketing director for Elena Damy comes easily to Carlos Damy. He is the man behind the artist, supporting the creative aspects of the business with his effective organizational skills, friendly demeanor and intuitive business management style.
Thorough, observant, and possessing a high level of control, Carlos works carefully to make sure each element of every wedding comes together seamlessly, fully aware that attention to detail is crucial to successful execution.
To know Carlos Damy is to know he’s always thrilled to talk about the wedding and hospitality industries, as well as travel trends and tourism hot spots in Los Cabos. But we’d like you to get to know Carlos, who he is, what he’s obsessed with, distracted by and, of course, where he finds his inspiration.
TEN THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT CARLOS DAMY
1. I was born and raised in Acapulco (the beautiful beach resort where JFK honeymooned, Elizabeth Taylor got married, and where, in the good old days , was the cool hangout of Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Harry Belafonte, and Baron Rothschild).
2. My father worked for Marriott Hotels for a decade, so I grew up immersed in the world of hospitality. It’s just part of my DNA.
3. For the most part I am used to dealing with high profile clients and celebrities. You can’t produce events here in Cabo and not be. However, the one time I got a little overwhelmed was when Elena and I had a creative meeting with one of our amazing brides and her maid of honor Stefani. After two hours of enthusiastically discussing event design and décor ideas, I realized the maid of honor was actually Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, professionally know as… Lady Gaga.
4. I LOVE sports and my two favorites to play are tennis and soccer. In fact, I play soccer every single Wednesday night without fail, unless we are working on an event. Lucky for me, there are weekly soccer games at my kids´school, and parents and members of the community get to play.
5. If I didn’t find the business world as inspiring as I do, puzzling out the challenges companies-including ours-face on a daily basis, I would have pursued a career in the music industry. I play the guitar and used to be a pretty good singer.
6. My favorite part of the day? Breakfast, lunch and dinner… yes, I LOVE food! For me, life is an adventure that needs to be lived through food! I love sampling everything, especially when traveling (shark, alligator, ants, iguana, you name it, I’ll eat it.)
7. Before launching ELENA DAMY, I was running a 130 year old tequila company called Casa San Matias. (It’s the only tequila company owned by a woman.)
8. My first job was at McDonald’s when I was 16 years old.
9. I’m blessed to live near the beautiful beaches here in Los Cabos, but I truly enjoy our family Winter getaways to Colorado or California. Nothing is more fun than snowboarding with Elena and our two boys!
10. I get creatively inspired in the shower. Seriously, I problem solve and formulate many strategic decisions while shampooing!
To chat with Carlos Damy about your upcoming destination wedding or special event, or perhaps an irresistible business opportunity, please feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.